Breaking Down Bid List

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Comet, Jul 31, 2001.

1. Comet

Comet LawnSite Member

I have a bid proposal all ready to submitt to a management company next week for a complex on full maintenance for next season.

I used many examples from people here on the board for the contract, thanks to all.

but should I also Include a breakdown on the procedures such as the weekly maintenance, mulching, trimming, cleanups etc.. far as dollars spent or just submitt the bid which list all the procedures,

I wasnt going to break it ddown untill my cousin said to.
    I feel some numbers might spook them if they seen them broken down even though there realistic numbers.

Not sure what to do here,,,
  2. southside

southside LawnSite Senior Member

When you submit a proposal you should specify when and how
    often you will perform each task. I wouldn't give them a breakdown of dollars per task. Best to just give them a schedule
    of tasks and a monthly price.

3. Comet

Comet LawnSite Member

Yea that was way I had intended to do untill my cousin said something on the manner stating otherwise...

I have it all laid out in the bid with dates for on schedualed task to be performed

Thanks for the reply, I needed to be reissured <--cant spell it
  4. HOMER

HOMER LawnSite Gold Member

I just can't picture that much grass on Long Island, I guess I need to get up with you in October when I'm up that way!
  5. Comet

Comet LawnSite Member

Theres a few blades creeping out of some of the cracks still here and there :)

Anyway this one complex has a plush 83,000 sqft of lawn,
    3 Common areas total just a 53,000 sqft,,

Its one of the better looking complexes around here,, just hope I can get my foot in the door
  6. smburgess

smburgess LawnSite Senior Member

A project of that size must have specs, acknowledge only the specs. And I wouldn't give a breakdown of costs' unless it's asked for in the specs.
    If for some reason there are no specs, I would make sure you are only bidding on what they expect to be done, not what you want to do.