Breaking in a new Exmark hp52?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by GarPA, Mar 8, 2002.

1. GarPA

GarPA LawnSite Silver Member
    from PA

Any insights on the right way to break in this new mower? The factory rep told me to make sure I always run the engine at full rpms regardless of the speed I'm going...he said too many guys run rpms too low at slower speeds which doesn't allow enough air circulation to the engine...any other words of wisdom ? thanks very much
  2. Premo Services

Premo Services LawnSite Bronze Member

I would say to follow the engine recomendations for oil changes, hydro fluids,etc. Lube all the necessary fittings. If youhave the 23 hp kawasaki engine, and it is dry, check the air filter a lot it really gets dirty fast. And last ENJOY IT. Oh and watch out for the white knuckle slide to bottom of hills when it is wet. :eek: :D
  3. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

Post this in the eXmark forum and let one of the eXmark guys respond.

I use Opti-4 oil in my motors. Put a Mini Tach on it. Spend plenty of time in your own lawn learning to turn the mower. 3pt turn will help. Recheck all the bolts after a couple of hours.

Oh yes, thanks Premo. The air filter on that motor gets very dirty very quickly. The factory rep I know told me to keep an extra filter ready and in dusty conditions change it out at lunch.