1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Breaking in redmax

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by LawnBoy89, Nov 18, 2005.

1. LawnBoy89

LawnBoy89 LawnSite Senior Member

When I got my 7001 I never broke it in, I ran it full throttle right when I got it , or atleast very high in the rpms. I ordered an 8000 it should be here next wed. I would like to know the proper way to break these bad boys in, and do you actually have to? I ran my 7001 and BCZ2600S like I normally would instead of breaking them in and I think they work fine just wanted to see what you guys had to say. Thanks.
  2. Jpocket

Jpocket LawnSite Silver Member

Run that b*tch wide the f*ck open. Run it like you would normally
  3. Jim Buessing

Jim Buessing LawnSite Member

The units do not require any type of break in. Run the machine as you normally would. They are built and designed to be run for optimum performance at full throttle.
  4. LawnBoy89

LawnBoy89 LawnSite Senior Member

Yes, very glad to hear it I was just wondering because last time I didn't and a couple people told me in the long run I lose power by not breaking it in. Just making sure thanks alot and it makes things alot easier.
  5. lawnmaniac883

lawnmaniac883 LawnSite Silver Member

Umm, not sure what you guys are talking about but it is a good idea to run it at half throttle for 1 tank for break in.
  6. lawnboy dan

lawnboy dan LawnSite Gold Member

with the 8000 its so powerful that you seldom need more than 1/2 throttle!
  7. proenterprises

proenterprises LawnSite Silver Member

I picked up an Echo 750 yesterday also. I do not see anything in the manual about break in period, so Im assuming I will just run it as usual.

Anyone here "break" them in.?
  8. lwcmattlifter

lwcmattlifter LawnSite Senior Member
    from NC

Nope, unpack it, fuel it and run it. I don't have time to run it at half throttle for a tank.
  9. proenterprises

proenterprises LawnSite Silver Member

Me either. I have heard that as long as you vary the rpm's for the first tank or so, your fine. IE-change the engine speeds from time to time.
  10. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

I run all new 2 cycle machines at idle and 1/2 throttle changing them every 10 minutes or so back and forth for about an hour before I start running them hard.