1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Breaking out the wallet again tomorrow

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by bigw, Mar 14, 2008.

1. bigw

bigw LawnSite Bronze Member

Picking these up tomorrow to add to my arsenial. Hope they do me good! Its the KM130 with a 36cc engine.

KM130Rlo.jpg

attach_FCBcurved.gif

attach_FHscythe.gif

attach_HTpole.gif

2. bigw

bigw LawnSite Bronze Member

Oh and this too :weightlifter: This is a MS-290 with an 18'' bar now mind you i am getting a pretty good discount on all of this stuff so that makes it alittle easier to swallow.

MS290.gif

3. 02DURAMAX

02DURAMAX LawnSite Gold Member

Post some pics when you get all your new toys!!

4. nherweck

nherweck LawnSite Senior Member

Have you ever used a curved shaft edger? I just can't get used to it, and it bothers me. I've used a straight shaft for quite a while now.

Good luck!

5. grasswhacker

grasswhacker LawnSite Gold Member

You'll like the Stihl Kombi. I have the sythe, trimmer and pruning saw attachment.

6. cgaengineer

cgaengineer LawnSite Fanatic

Your gonna love the KM130...wait until you see how much power it has and how easy it is to start (No need to prime with the bulb, just choke for me anyways). I have the same powerhead and I love it! Oh since you posted pics of the curved shaft, dont waste your money (YMMV)...get the straight...if you still want the curved I will sell you mine!! If you have to do new edge the straight is the only way to go.

7. bill8379

bill8379 LawnSite Senior Member

Or just repost the same pics:rolleyes:

8. Indy Kyle

Indy Kyle LawnSite Member

I have always used a straight shaft trimmer then last year I used a curved shaft for about an hour. I felt like I was going to die. It killed my back. Being 6'3" doesn't help much either.

9. S L C

S L C LawnSite Senior Member

LOL :clapping::clapping:

10. bruno_rs

bruno_rs LawnSite Member

hey bigw, just be careful getting yourself in too deep (debt and/or cash poor), before you get the ball rolling. i'm not going to ask how you're acquiring and/or paying for all the "best stuff"... your business is none of my business. HOWEVER, i will say, most of us started out with older machines and SLOWLY and/or steadily worked our way up to "state of the art" equipment. morever most of us learned, thru 1st hand experience, (YOUR) customers' needs dictate any equipment needed and/or purchased to get the job done AND make you money, not put you in debt!!!. i'd rather be putting "green" my pocket rather than "red" on the spreadsheet. for larger projects, think of rentals until you become established. don't take offense... i've read some of your posts and know how "sensitive" you can get... just looking out for the new guy. good luck and put all that "stuff" to good use. have a good one.