Breathing mask for summer

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Wolfsnout®, Mar 22, 2013.

1. Ridin' Green

Ridin' Green LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Michigan

They do, and they do it well.

2. gcbailey

gcbailey LawnSite Silver Member
    from WV

I'm looking forward to it... The leaves are getting good here. I'm already half way through my first dose of cipro for sinus infection #1 of the fall season. Ugh...

3. Ridin' Green

Male, from Michigan

I am mulching dry oak leaves and the snout is saving me serious sinus issues and the usual stuffed nose.

I just went through a round of cipro for another malady. That stuff sucks! It can cause all sorts of damage to joints, tendons, etc., and the side affects can last for half a year or longer. All my joints are hurting from taking that crap. I won't get on it again no matter what it's for.:nono:

4. Valk

Valk LawnSite Silver Member

Do your goggles' lenses offer any UVA/B protection? Clear, bronze, blue? I doubt I'd use my own tinted safety glasses under the goggles since your goggles offer shatterproof protection. Also, how difficult is it to remove/insert/swap out the lens?

5. Wolfsnout®

Wolfsnout® LawnSite Member
    from GA.

The Wolfsnout cutting/mowing/blowing goggles offer...
    High quality polycarbonate permanent anti-fog,
    anti-scratch, hard coat film, inside and out.
    Lenses meet or exceed ANSI787,1-2003 & CE EN166
    high velocity impact safety standards. UV400. These
    goggles offer eye, cheek, and nose protection while
    keeping debris out. They work perfect with or without
    our mask to make your work day more positive.
    Lenses available in Clear, Blue Smoke, and Bronze.
    To replace the lenses is a little tricky. Kind of a PITA,
    but once you do it once it's pretty easy
    [​IMG]
    http://www.wolfsnout.com/Dust_mask_for_landscaping.html

6. fatboynormmie

fatboynormmie LawnSite Bronze Member

Hey Ridin' do you have the snout and the goggles?

7. Ridin' Green

Male, from Michigan

Just the snout right now, but I'm looking hard at getting the goggles for snow clearing this winter on my CUT. I like the idea of keeping my eyes totally free from the blowing snow and cold wind.

8. fatboynormmie

I just have the snout too and it has been great so far. Was wanting to hear some feed back on the goggles and how the 2 units work in conjunction with each other. My clean ups usually end around the second week of Dec or so. With the temps getting colder I think the goggles could be a nice addition, but I still need the filtration of the Wolfsnout so they would have to work well together .

9. Ridin' Green

Male, from Michigan

I agree with that completely.

I can also see using them together when whipping thick weedy ditches where you never know when or where you'll catch a can or other smaller piece of metal, and at the same time you need to have the protection from pollen etc.

10. fatboynormmie

Ridin' I bet they would be good in snowy conditions. Funny thing is after buying a couple Honda tracked snowblowers we haven't had any real snow for a couple years :rolleyes:

If anyone out there has both the Wolfsnout goggles and the Wolfsnout could you do a review on them? It would be much appreciated !!! :waving: