Breathing mask for summer

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Wolfsnout®, Mar 22, 2013.

1. orangemower

orangemower LawnSite Silver Member
    from pa

Bump for more info.

2. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

This is an interesting concept. May be nice for use during spring clean up/power rake season - that is such dirty work. My question is, how comfortable is this in warmer weather? If a guy breathes in too much hot (expelled breath) air in hot weather, that is not at all comfortable.

3. Valk

Valk LawnSite Silver Member

When it crests 100 around here where it's typically quite humid...it's surprising to find that a mask will actually cool the air to body temp = ~99 degrees. Yeah, sounds weird, but when it's really hot it works to create a bit of comfort WHILE filtering the air.

I'm tired of dust ~ BIG TIME. Last year sucked, especially with the arid/low-humidity conditions we endured making the daytime highs even higher than avg. Morning dew was non-existent... I wore a paper dust mask WAY MORE than in years past. Over time, paper masks get wet from use...then they move in&out like an accordion as you breathe and cease to function.

I'm really thinking this Wolfsnout will be a great way to reduce the dust in a comfortable manner. Fingers crossed!!

4. dmk395

dmk395 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ma

How about for guys who wear glasses?

5. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

For eyes...Eyesnout.

6. Patriot Services

Patriot Services LawnSite Fanatic

Interested. We are butt deep in pollen and dry leaves right now. Papers don't fit well enough and latex or rubber would be miserable around here.
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. cslawnandlandscape

cslawnandlandscape LawnSite Member
    from CT

Going to check these out. I have asthma and I started using RZ mask which is awesome but it's a bit large. Pair it with glasses and radio capable earmuffs and I look like a damn robot. Still beats the hell out of wheezing like a sieve and coughing up all night.

8. zturncutter

zturncutter LawnSite Bronze Member

Ordered one, the pollen and dry leaves will be bad until the summer rains start. Will give a review after I have had a chance to use it.

9. wegomow

wegomow LawnSite Senior Member

Ordered one, thanks again for the LS discount. Can't wait to try it out, the Pine Tree pollen is ramping up. I will review also and if satisfied order a few more.

10. sehitchman

sehitchman LawnSite Senior Member

Mine arrived today, I will review after I use it.