Breathing while Cutting/Blowing, Do you Wear anything?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by c2weech, Aug 18, 2011.

1. c2weech

c2weech LawnSite Member

After a long day of cutting I blow out black snots and my breathing feels a little strained am coughing. I am cutting and definately blowing i the worst

I have tried wearing a dust mask this helps a little but sucks in the summer because of the heat.

Anybody concerned about their health and if so what do you do/what works best?

Thanks

2. 93Chevy

93Chevy LawnSite Fanatic

I don't really notice my respiratory system because my allergies are so bad to begin with, however I need to find something to protect my eyes when mowing dry grass in the wind.

3. ALC-GregH

ALC-GregH LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

I don't think you'll find anything better then a plain old dust mask. It does suck to wear one in the heat but anything else will be just as bad to deal with.

4. ALC-GregH

from PA

Tim, Puggs makes a pair of goggles that have foam around the lens and use a strap to hold them on. I bought a pair and they seem to work good at keeping the dust out. They feel funny to wear but they're not too bad once you get use to them.

5. 93Chevy

93Chevy LawnSite Fanatic

I'll check them out, but I can't wear small goggles because I wear eyeglasses. Even my prescription sunglasses don't protect my eyes like I would like.

6. ArenaLandscaping

ArenaLandscaping LawnSite Member

7. ALC-GregH

from PA

Don't waste your time then. They are small and would not fit over another lens. You're going to have a hard time finding anything if you wear glasses.

8. ArenaLandscaping

ArenaLandscaping LawnSite Member

9. 93Chevy

93Chevy LawnSite Fanatic

I could wear the big old lab goggles I wore in high school. I use a set when I run the grinder. I might have to resort them if my eyes keep getting as irritated.

10. JDiepstra

JDiepstra LawnSite Bronze Member

I breathe through my nose and have a lot of nose hair. Hope it helps. Seriously though, i wonder if there is a nose breather filter that also wouldnt look dumb cause i honestly just dont wanna look dumb wearing a mask. Is breathing dust that bad? Its not like its fiberglass dust. Guess ill do a little research.