Breathing while Cutting/Blowing, Do you Wear anything?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by c2weech, Aug 18, 2011.

1. ALC-GregH

ALC-GregH LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

LOL, I didn't want to recommend those to anyone. :laugh::laugh:

but if they work....

2. TuffWork

TuffWork LawnSite Senior Member

I use a Respro Techno. I don't use it all the time because it can be kinda hot, but I always use it during dirty cleanups. I haven't worn it alot lately but I will be wearing it soon because Fall Cleanups will soon be upon us.

3. EMWEB

EMWEB LawnSite Member

4. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

I point my schnoz upwind.

5. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

I often wonder about this, breathing in all that dust, esp when it is dry out.

6. abcfamily

abcfamily LawnSite Member

Seen these on "Shark Tank" have not tried them and based on the prices might not. But would try these before wearing any type of mask in 80+ degree weather. Has anyone tried them yet?
    www.filteryourlife.com

7. RBatten

RBatten LawnSite Member
    from FL

Look into ski googles. They have the foam and are impact resistant and don't look toooooo god awful.

8. joshman108

joshman108 LawnSite Member

Funny you should ask, I thought I was the only one. Ive only ever seen two other people wearing anything.

Personally I use a bandana. http://www.hiphopwholesale.com/media/BND43.jpg
    Works great, but its coming untied lately. I might safety pin it in the back. I don't know about using a dust mask, it seems like it get used too fast with sweat. After all, its paper. Cloth seems for durable

9. c2weech

c2weech LawnSite Member

Just got these and tried them out yesterday. Wow!!! These things are amazing! After a 10 hour day they were still attached even though I was sweating like a pig (I thought the sweat might make them destick).
    Last hour or two of the day breathing felt a little restricted probably due to all the stuff in them and not my nose lungs, but not to bad to make me want to take them off.

At about $1.30 per pair thought it was over priced for what they are but I blew my nose at the end of the day it was clear! No coughing last night and today :)

If you have concerns about your health I would highly recommend these nasal screens. 100x's better than a dust mask mask by comfort and better at filtering the air too.

By the way I also tried Breathe Pure nasal air filters but would not recommend them. Make your nose huge(not comfortable) and only filter down to 4 microns the First defense are effective down to 0.1 micron

10. c2weech

c2weech LawnSite Member

I have been especially been paranoid about cutting accounts that have recently been fertilized/herbicide/persticide treated with that crap getting into your lungs can't be good.

Here is a resource I came across listing particle size of many different things includes the above mentioned http://www.engineeringtoolbox.com/particle-sizes-d_934.html

THought I would share for anyone interested.