BRI-MAR dump trailers

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by Thunderbolt, Mar 2, 2008.

1. Thunderbolt

Thunderbolt LawnSite Member

I am thinking of buying a Bri-mar6x10 Rascal LP 7000#. It seems to be a well built trailer for the money,are these good trailers? Thanks for any input.:):)

2. columbiaplower

columbiaplower LawnSite Senior Member

they are great trailers, but one thing to consider is always buy the biggest one you can afford, because you always seem to out grow them quickly.

3. Marek

Marek LawnSite Bronze Member

Yes , they are nice but you need to check into your state laws. In Maryland you need a class A CDL to tow a trailer over 10k.

4. nosparkplugs

nosparkplugs LawnSite Gold Member

wow, Tennessee you can tow up to 29,000GCWR without a CDL, the eastern & western states are tougher on the transportation laws

5. PerfectEarth

PerfectEarth LawnSite Bronze Member

Bri-Mar trailers are excellent and quite durable. I think they are a bit more expensive when compared to other brands. But, you pay for what you get and that's why I bought one. I've seen a 10,000# LPHD Bri-mar get beat to Hell over the past 9 years and it's still going (with standard part replacements, of course).

If you can get (and tow safely) a 10,000# low profile model, go with that. You won't be sorry.

6. Marek

Marek LawnSite Bronze Member

There are alot of people here who dont find these things out till they buy them.