Bri mar vs PJ Dump

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by lawnman757, Mar 5, 2012.

1. lawnman757

lawnman757 LawnSite Member
    from MD

I recently sold my 2006 7x14' pj dump trailer and am looking to downsize to a 6 or 7' x 12', 12,000 dump. I liked my PJ but the paint peeled awful. I can take a rd trip and get either brand for about the same money. I see that PJ now powder coats thier trailers. Any opionions or experience with these brands in recent years? Thanks
  2. ParkWelding

ParkWelding LawnSite Member

Go with a powdercoated trailer. Looks way better longer than liquid paint. None of the companies really prep the steel that well, so the better bet is powder, IMO.
  3. appalachianoutdoors

appalachianoutdoors LawnSite Senior Member

I like the bri-mar but am not familier with the pj dump.
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2012
  4. appalachianoutdoors

appalachianoutdoors LawnSite Senior Member

I recently bought a bri-mar 7x12 10k with ramps under bed low profile. Have been very pleased so far. Added my 2 rows of decking boards around top held with 1/4" carriage bolts holding to the standards. I also had extra d rings added to the floor to give me extra tie downs. Was easier to let the factory drill through the metal so i was covered in case a mistake was made. Got a great price through my local dealer and you are close enough to the factory to pick it up yourself and save even more. :usflag: