Brickman Group

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Tony Clifton, Aug 9, 2003.

1. Tony Clifton

Tony Clifton LawnSite Senior Member

Just curious about how many of you guys have The Brickman Group as a competitor in your market. If so were they there first and if not how was your company affected by them when they came to town? Also I would love to see pictures of their crews, trucks facilities etc. I am in a market that they have not entered yet but soon will be, and I want to know what to expect.

2. DUSTYCEDAR

DUSTYCEDAR LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

if u do condos or shopping malls they will try to get them.
    brickman, davy tree/lawncare and true green all are in my area and are fighting to stay busy, they have undercut most large contracts in the area by alot putting some of the smaller guys out of work plus they undercut each other driving the prices down even further i understand what they are doing but wish they would stop they are taking contracts that were well maintained for years and bidding in some cases 20 to 50 thousand less. and the work shows it but what can u do.

3. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Like PJ said, I see them at malls and condos. But, I could care less about them and they probably the same about me.

4. DUSTYCEDAR

DUSTYCEDAR LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

my point is if u mow malls and condos u might lose the contracts.

5. kaufmaninc

kaufmaninc LawnSite Member

Aren't they pretty big in the St. Louis, Mo market?

6. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

I think they are pretty big everywhere...from what I understand, they are the largest in terms of mowing...other services, I don't know.

7. kaufmaninc

kaufmaninc LawnSite Member

8. dvmcmrhp52

dvmcmrhp52 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Pa.

We have them by us,but the only go for big commercials.I don't give a hoot about them, they can't service my customers the way I do.

9. lawncare3

lawncare3 LawnSite Bronze Member

Brickman, True green cut price and davey are all here. Brickman even cuts costs on equipment I saw one of their trailers was a 6x16 enclosed but the sides and top were made of expanded metal (mesh) so, I donno? They just cut each-others prices and getting lots of jobs. They do mainly commercial. TGLC does a lot of comnmercial and res.

10. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

According to their ads in the trade magazines, they are in 22 states.