Brickman Group

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by legendrider, May 13, 2004.

1. legendrider

legendrider LawnSite Member

Seems to be some interesting questions and thoughts about the Brickman Group. Ill try to anwswer any ?s and dispell the myths. ask away!!

2. ztrx

ztrx LawnSite Member

What type of mowers does brickman run???

3. legendrider

Mostly scag some xmarks we carry a walk behind 48,61 and a rider on most trucks

4. glllc

glllc LawnSite Member
    from CT

Scag's and a few exmark's

5. bayfish

bayfish LawnSite Senior Member

Brickman apparently has The Home Depot contract at least in the Maryland area. I live near the east coast and the Home Depot has 7 acres of grass, many islands with shrubs and mulch, the place looks horrible. Looked this way last year. I'm thinking they must sub it out, but I can't believe anyone local would do work like that due to the damage to their reputation. This location is 2 1/2 hours from there Baltimore office. I tried getting the contract last winter but it was a no go.
    This is a high visibility location next to the WalMart, which is done by a local LCO, and looks great. Looks as if they are going to tolerate this for another season at least.

6. Lawn-Scapes

Lawn-Scapes LawnSite Silver Member

It's not a myth that they low ball...

7. legendrider

Actually our prices are somewhat high for the industry, yes brickman does the home depot stores in most areas. i cannot speak on behalf of the maryland area office, but i can tell you that the home depot does not request much as far as landscape design, they just want the grass cut and the area maintained. I can also say that given the high traffic in and out of the home depot can ruin whatever work is done. ie driving over islands, and throwing gargage in the plant beds.

8. Lawn-Scapes

Lawn-Scapes LawnSite Silver Member

... and who are you.. that you can speak on their behalf?

9. jajwrigh

jajwrigh LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from Martinsville, IN

Please identify yourself!

10. legendrider

I do not think that aking me to identify myself is appropriate.I simply was hoping to shed some light on the thoughts, questions, and concerns about the company that members of the forum had. I enjoy my job thus far and do not mind sharing information. My personal information should not be necassary.