Brickman In V.a.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by old oak lawn, Sep 22, 2007.

1. old oak lawn

old oak lawn LawnSite Senior Member

was on the road friday morning and saw a mud ugly brown f450 towing a 20 ft enclosed and it said brickman on the enclosed , bouth wer brown. 4 people in side the f450 looked like hispanic/no offence.first time i ever saw brickman.oh i was in suffolk. has any one seen brickmon in va before? i know they only do large accounts but it does not make me feel good to see them.

2. mdlwn1

mdlwn1 LawnSite Silver Member

After they get the big ones....they will go after the small ones.

3. old oak lawn

old oak lawn LawnSite Senior Member

mdlwn1-that would not be good. next time i see them i will look to see where they go.not that it will help.

4. HOOLIE

HOOLIE LawnSite Gold Member

5. Johnson LCO

Johnson LCO LawnSite Senior Member

I live in Delaware and see their trucks all the time. A month ago I was mowin a lwan and saw them pull up and 5+ mexicans came out of the trailer. They have a lot of people working on each project, no matter how small it seems. Call em as I see them. By the way I kinda like the 2 tone brown thing they do. Thats just me.

6. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

hides the dirt :laugh:

7. Jusmowin

Jusmowin LawnSite Senior Member

I see them on mostly very large to large commercial properties here in the beach area and Chesapeak. Ive never seen them on a residential property, just dont think it would pay off for them in my area for the simple reason that there are just tooooo many 1 or 2 truck operations around our area that do so much better work than they do.

8. DLAWNS

DLAWNS LawnSite Fanatic

I wouldn't worry about them. They won't touch residential. At least they didn't when I worked there. Also, as long as you do good work you'll be able to compete. IMO they worry more about the bottom line than quality. At least thats how it works in certain branches.

9. lawnspecialties

lawnspecialties LawnSite Silver Member

The same reason UPS trucks are brown.

Brickman is also in Raleigh/Cary. Honestly, they're no huge threat. There are so many big and small LCOs, even TruGreen has their fair share but no "monopoly" or anything like that.

10. MTR999

MTR999 LawnSite Member
    from Florida

They do very cheap price on average lawn size, and that is their main competitiveness, cheap. All of crew are mexicans, who can work all day and night under heat and sun without complaint. I have seen their work, nothing spectacular, mostly eXmark wb and sulky for their crew. Again, the cheap price is what they are for. Average equipments also.