1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Brickman Starting Pay!?!

Discussion in 'Employment' started by nismov89, Mar 8, 2011.

1. nismov89

nismov89 LawnSite Member

Hey out on ny Just applied to Brickman, dont know what im going to start at, have a 2 year associates degeree no real landscaping experience but experience with a truck and trailor and working long hard days with a crew.... im expecting 11-12 and hour... hopefully edventually work up to a supervisor... but just wondering if that would be accurate.

2. Oakleaf landscape

Oakleaf landscape LawnSite Senior Member

What's your degree in?
  3. nismov89

nismov89 LawnSite Member

Liberal Arts :/... i kinda just saw these guys working a few weeks ago and really consider working for them... i love hard work and i caught a supervisor and they said its a mon-fri 7-3... with alotta OT in the summer months... and its year round so its somthing i really wanna try to get into... and im gonna be going for my B.S. degree soon and if i enjoy this type of working i may go for horticulutre but for the mean time im trying to fig out if 11-12 would be fair to ask for... more towards the 12 because i would love to drive the truck and tralior
  4. lifetree

lifetree LawnSite Fanatic

It sounds like the $ 12 per hour number would be about right for your area !!
  5. nismov89

nismov89 LawnSite Member

excellent... like i said to me that seems fair to some one my age (21) just learning the ropes... im sure like a 2 years id love to be crew leader making 15-16 edventually... but thanks for the input just dont wanna be low balled
  6. Swampy

Swampy LawnSite Bronze Member

Wow thats a difference they offer me only 10.50/hr to run a leased 2yd loader this winter, with the possible employment for the season.
  7. nismov89

nismov89 LawnSite Member

well apparently there looking for full time year round guys... an im in NY so like 12 dollars an hour sure isnt much lol but a good start... things are soo damn expensive here
  8. LawnmastersMikejr

LawnmastersMikejr LawnSite Member

I would say with your experience they will probably offer you $10 an hour.
  9. AuburnHort2005

AuburnHort2005 LawnSite Member
    from Georgia

Good company to work for. I did an internship with them summer of '03 and learned a lot. They gave me the keys to the truck and radio my 2nd week there when the crew chief for that crew went on vacation.

I could have went with them in an upper management position when I got out of school and they wanted me to, but they didn't offer company trucks so superintendents had to use their own and I wasn't doing that.

Went with another company instead that worked 4-10s and it worked out where I could do my accounts on Fridays and now I've been almost 3 years full time for myself.

Good company to work for though, I learned a lot.
  10. nismov89

nismov89 LawnSite Member

Yea i got that impression too, just trying to get out of my grocery store job and get a full time mon-fri with your ocassional sat..... and i dropped my resume off said they will definaltly call me in for a final interview by may since they are looking for someone, and he said if not here there close with another branch close to me as well... so hopefully i get somthing ill take 11 an hour to start