1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Brickman trucks

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by Schrock Lawns, Feb 9, 2013.

1. Schrock Lawns

Schrock Lawns LawnSite Senior Member

Anyone know wheir to get brickman trucks ? I'm considering Mabey getting one of them. And also is their anything to look for when looking at them?
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. 01thump

01thump LawnSite Member
    from orlando

I would say .....calling Brickman might be a good start..

3. robertsturf

robertsturf LawnSite Bronze Member

I would stay away from the 6.0 Desiel, time bomb!

4. Pietro

Pietro LawnSite Senior Member

Definitely. Try to find a 3/450 in good shape with the 7.3 diesel. Goooood luck! That 6.0 diesel will bankrupt you.

5. GQLL

GQLL LawnSite Senior Member

Any diesel if the proper maintenance was not done it will bankrupt you. 6.0 can be reliable. The 7.3 that everyone said was the best motor can cost a lot in upkeep your now talking a 11 year old truck.

6. 205mx

205mx LawnSite Silver Member

I was one of those guys "a 6.0 can be reliable"

Now I own a chevy 2500

7. skorum03

skorum03 LawnSite Senior Member

Key words are "can be" reliable...

YardBros Outdoors
    www.yardbros.com

8. GQLL

GQLL LawnSite Senior Member

have you owned a 6.0. i owned one an d had 150k miles on it.The problem here is when you enter the diesel world your steeping up to the big games where fuel cost more repairs cost more. this is from http://www.internationalpowerstroke.com/6.0L-powerstroke-faq.html

If you want a diesel that can run flawlessly without proper maintenance at the recommended intervals, then the 6.0L is probally not for you. The 6.0L Power Stroke is very sensitive to neglect, and owners who extend the service intervals of their engine are the most likely to experience problems. If you are prepared to stay current on the engines maintenance, there is no reason to avoid the 6.0L Power Stroke. If you are in the market to "hot rod" your diesel, the 6.0L can be adequately equipped to handle massive performance levels with a set of performance head studs and an upgraded EGR system.

WITH ANY DIESEL PROPER MAINTENANCE IS THE KEY.

9. lawnpropm

lawnpropm LawnSite Senior Member

I've called 3 branches near me a while back when I noticed they were rolling around in new models and they don't have a clue. Some say they send them to other branches. But of course somebody has figured it out bc they are always for sale on ebay.
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. Marek

Marek LawnSite Bronze Member

Saw a trailer load of new 450 Brickman truck on 695 last week. They all had the V 10 in them. There was a guy in southern PA who used to end up with alot of thier trucks and trailers.