Brickman

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by big acres, Feb 26, 2008.

1. big acres

big acres LawnSite Member

Anyone subbing fert & squirt for Brickman? I heard of an opportunity and I'm curious about what they pay.

2. STLlawnboy

STLlawnboy LawnSite Member

my fertilizer guy does most if not all of the fert work for brinkman in st. louis area, not sure if he does all the applications know he does weed control and pre-m for sure. how did you hear about the opportunity?

3. txgrassguy

txgrassguy LawnSite Gold Member

The problem with sub contracting from other more established companies is usually these companies will tell you what they are going to pay for the services contracted.
    As well as non-compete clauses that says you are prohibited from additional services at that site or from other existing customers that may contact you.
    That said I have been a sub contractor at times but only when I set the price.
    One example that comes to mind, fertilizing/applying fireant bait over 80 acres at a Fortune 500 company headquarters.
    Took me one day as I mixed the fertilizer and the bait together then applied at the same time. Netted over $1800 each time for one days work - although I had to bust my hump to finish on time.
    Got excellent results but this sub agreement came to a sudden, screeching halt when the Fortune 500 company attempted to hire my company in place of the other LCO.
    Yep, got bit by the non compete clause.

4. turf hokie

turf hokie LawnSite Silver Member

BE CAREFUL> been there, done that...wont say more on a public forum.

5. mnturfmaster

mnturfmaster LawnSite Member

We subbed for brickmans last year and my thoughts are the same as Turf Hokie's.

6. DLAWNS

DLAWNS LawnSite Fanatic

My opinion is don't do it. I've worked for Brickman and thats just my opinion. I'm not going to say anything else about them.

7. big acres

big acres LawnSite Member

Wow, sounds like the opportunity comes with some major downsides. I kind of expected to hear that though. Supposedly, I might be able to find out what they are paying in a week or so -through a buddy of mine. Anyone else care to share how low you have stooped for work?