1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by old oak lawn, Nov 30, 2009.

1. old oak lawn

old oak lawn LawnSite Senior Member

Saw Brickman today, they pulled up next to us while we were doing the City hall building. I had not seen them before in my town and i know their office [ a construction trailer with a 8 ft. fence around it ] is at least 45 minutes away. Found that they come to do a bank that has no grass only shrub trimming once a month. Anyway i talked to the foremen and looked around the trailer, he said they lease the mowers from Ex-mark [ they had 2 hydro walk behinds ] and used any brand of hand held that worked for them. And that they were soon to switch from diesel to gas trucks. By the way tires on the truck were slick and i am sure the trailer had car tires in it not trailer tires. The best idea i saw was a Aluminum gas tank mounted to the front tong of the trailer.

2. Jelinek61

Jelinek61 LawnSite Senior Member

I really like the gas tank idea, I've seen this before when they were mowing a mall near me and was thinking about it for a while now. Is that trailer like 20' or is it bigger?
  3. old oak lawn

old oak lawn LawnSite Senior Member

As far as i could it was 20ft, i think it has the extended tong op. I wanted to put a gas tank like that on my enclosed but i have a v noise

DLAWNS LawnSite Fanatic

I believe that they are 24' trailers.....I worked for them for a year. Pretty interesting operation, but definitely not an environment for me to work in.
  5. P.Services

P.Services LawnSite Fanatic

they come to my town also to do one apartment complex. the former company has a long list of being the lowest bid by a far cry so that leads me to belive they arnt making much on this one.

6. Mike's LawnCare Landscape

Mike's LawnCare Landscape LawnSite Senior Member

same here but not Brickman but USLAWNS . They do work at a bank less then 2 miles from my house LOL . Its funny I bank there at times and the guys this year have put ruts in the grass and you should have seen them tring to pull plants up by hand . Not knocking on USlawns but thats bad . Jobs like this make me look good !!
  7. Jhill19

Jhill19 LawnSite Senior Member
    from WV

I know i wouldnt want my rig to look like theres. Bad color scheme, plain, outdated, boring, and doesnt look that professional, Front fenders on the trucks look like they are slapped on there from a salvage yard. But they go for quantity not quality.
  8. Tony Clifton

Tony Clifton LawnSite Senior Member

I can't believe they are still using Fords. I understand that they are having a major problem with the fuel tanks delaminating and causing major problems...greatest part is that Ford won't stand behind their product and blames it on the fuel they are using.
  9. oakwdman

oakwdman LawnSite Bronze Member

Brickman has their origins in Long grove, IL which is somewhat near me. Their color scheme seems to be pure opinion, personally I like it and you can't argue the fact that you don't recognize them on a job or crusing down the street. Granted their work isnt always the best but they seem to do well on the accounts that really count around here.
  10. AintNoFun

AintNoFun LawnSite Bronze Member

i bet ya more people remember them cuz of their color scheme than what you may have....