Brickman

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by old oak lawn, Nov 30, 2009.

1. teamgreendude

teamgreendude LawnSite Senior Member

There in olathe kansas which is about a 2-3 hour drive from you, they're also on the same block as davey tree, but they do some big properties like sprint world headquarters and some big hoa's.

2. AintNoFun

AintNoFun LawnSite Bronze Member

i guess you want people to want to be like south florida lawns and not brickman.. im sure you paycheck is equal to brickmans ceo? is your jet larger than theres? i think its pretty impressive on there part to get that big and profitable cutting grass... not saying they are a good employer or anything but its still impressive

3. mowerbrad

mowerbrad LawnSite Fanatic

Hey, I happen to like wal-mart:waving:

4. mdlwn1

mdlwn1 LawnSite Silver Member

Lol at this....big time!

5. mdlwn1

Where did you work? Lakewood? That might explain a bit. If you were a super, your experiance might have been different. Having worked at one of the top 3 branches and spending time with some of the talent at Brickman, I can say that overall Brickman does things better than most. Are they geared for small properties that require micro management?...not at all. What the "bashers" don't realize is that they provide more VALUE to their customers (gernerally speaking) than just about ANYONE on this forum. They are capable of meeting just about any needs a customer could have. As far as the pricing goes...I can tell you (having priced many myself) that often times they are higher overall. I routinely had 50-60% gross margins with net being around 13-18%.

6. Tony Clifton

Tony Clifton LawnSite Senior Member

I have an idea, if you aren't interested in participating in the thread DON'T POST.
    If you don't get why people care so much about them, if you think their trucks are ugly, if you think they are lowballers that is great but why feel the need to post?
    Let's keep this positive, there can be alot learned from Brickman, WalMart, McDonald's etc. They don't get that big from being crappy companies...they all 3 started from scratch.

7. lawnangel1

lawnangel1 LawnSite Senior Member
    from KY

Brickman is an intriguing company. I would love to meet one of there upper managers and pick there brain about the business and operaion. I am sure they have alot of innovative cutting edge ideas.

8. mdlwn1

Nothing that any large business doesnt know.

9. Brad Ent

Brad Ent LawnSite Member

Does Brickman provide snow removal?

10. lawnangel1

lawnangel1 LawnSite Senior Member
    from KY

Very few businesses in this industry are as large in size as Brickman. Maybe 3 others.