1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Brickman

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by old oak lawn, Nov 30, 2009.

1. XLS

XLS LawnSite Silver Member

our guys comment on this was brickman is setup to get the job it targets as what ever means ness. as long as it covers that locations cost and doesn't create a burden, they just make up for the loss in other ways

2. DLAWNS

DLAWNS LawnSite Fanatic

Gotcha...sorry about that.

I've heard of them and believe I've seen them once or twice when I lived in Florida but never knew anything about them.

3. slamjamrockinman

slamjamrockinman LawnSite Senior Member

I see their trucks around here all the time. They mow my school, which is huge. they do a decent job though, and they pretty quick. Very interesting operation IMO.

4. lawnangel1

lawnangel1 LawnSite Senior Member
    from KY

Brickman's success isnt about quality or quantity or even pricing. They just have a whole different perspective about this industry and that is what I want to learn more about.

5. mdlwn1

mdlwn1 LawnSite Silver Member

So what would you like to know?...and it IS largely on based on quality and price.

6. mdlwn1

I dont really post those kinds of details here. I guess you could PM me if you really want to know.

7. rcpeoples

rcpeoples LawnSite Member

Do you guys really think brickman cares what you think about their way of doing business. For that matter walmart, McDonald's or any other fortune 500 company.
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. lawnangel1

lawnangel1 LawnSite Senior Member
    from KY

I understand volume discounting but it cannot be a ton. I want some hard numbers. What on average is a volume discount they get? 20 percent? I have a family member that worked for GM. So I can get a truck practically wholesale. Are you telling me they buy trucks way below wholesale???

9. mdlwn1

Yes ...they pay less than your family member. I dont remember the specs..its been 4 years now. The rental companies do the same thing...buy new at low prices and sell them with 12-15k for more or equal to what they paid new.

10. DLAWNS

DLAWNS LawnSite Fanatic

No big deal dude.