1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Brickman

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by old oak lawn, Nov 30, 2009.

1. johnnybravo8802

johnnybravo8802 LawnSite Silver Member
    from Ga.

I am impressed with your story of Brickman but a little confused at the same time. You spoke about Brickman's great treatment of employees and then you turned around and said they let you go to pay less to someone else.:confused: That's not my idea of treating employees good-makes company picnics seem very unimportant. Just my 2 cents.

2. old oak lawn

old oak lawn LawnSite Senior Member

It's a Big Tex 16 ft. The top rail is round tube, the rest is angle iron. White truck in the picture with Brickman in a 1/2 ton Chevy. I don't think it is overloaded, the rear springs sag easy so i have ordered a set of helper springs to correct the problem. The Ford in the pic above never drops, F350 with airbags:weightlifter:.

IMG_1078_1.JPG

3. JayD

JayD LawnSite Silver Member

So thats a "Big Tex". It really looks like it is heavy duty. Man you got a lot of stuff on there.

4. Eden's Own

Eden's Own LawnSite Member

Sorry for the confusion. They do treat the employees very well, but let's face it finding someone to do the job for less money is smart business. Ultimately they like us all are out to protect the bottom line, especially in tough times like now. I am trying as hard as I can to not say anything too negative(I think that Big Brother Brickman may be watching). :)

5. eatonpcat

eatonpcat LawnSite Bronze Member

Why would you sign a no compete if you were fired???:dizzy:

6. DLAWNS

DLAWNS LawnSite Fanatic

You have to sign one when starting with the company. Mine just ran up last February. I'm officially out of the cult!:clapping:

7. johnnybravo8802

from Ga.

"Smart business isn't everything." I wouldn't get rid of a good employee if someone came along to do it cheaper. Now if I had two guys applying for a job who were equals and one was cheaper........but that's a different story.

8. rcpeoples

rcpeoples LawnSite Member

“smart business isn't everything” ARE YOU KIDDING ME !?!you need to stop posting with a dumb statement like that
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. johnnybravo8802

from Ga.

You need to learn how to read! I was referring to "Smart business" in the sense of getting rid of employees w/o cause. Just ask all of the older employees who were let go just because of their age only to hire back someone younger who works cheaper. When that ever happens to you, you get back with us and tell us how you feel!!!!!! Now your comments don't seem so "SMART."

10. rcpeoples

rcpeoples LawnSite Member

No smart business means trying to make a profit. If that means using cheaper labor that's what you do. No one is in business just for fun. When I get to the point in life when someone younger can do my job I'll move on to something else. that's why you don't put all your eggs in one basket
    Posted via Mobile Device