BrickmanCrest?

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by CTNC, Apr 30, 2014.

1. CTNC

CTNC LawnSite Member

So it looks like the 2 big boys are in accelerated talks about a merger...thoughts?

Sorry if this already got brought up. Its been a hot topic around town in NC where they both play a major role.
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. Clippers PLS

Clippers PLS LawnSite Bronze Member

I havent heard anything about this but I cant see this happening...

EDIT: Just did a search and saw this. I'm not sure what it would do for all of us, but it would be interesting to see what happens.

3. CTNC

CTNC LawnSite Member

It has been all over social media. Some say KK&R may have already had this planned before purchasing Brickman last Nov. Looking like a $1billion buyout. Which is lower than I expected. It is true that they are talking, no confirmation yet on sale or date but experts say it could happen as early as the 2nd week in may.
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. CTNC

CTNC LawnSite Member

This will create a huge disturbance in areas where they both have a big foot print. A large amount of management staff could be jumping into the unemployment ring soon.

There are several regional companies in my area ($5-20 million companies)that are anxiously awaiting the news. As am I.
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. AintNoFun

AintNoFun LawnSite Bronze Member

only makes sense imagine the amount of overhead that could be cut and production made up with over lapping routes...

6. whiffyspark

whiffyspark LawnSite Fanatic

I doubt they would cut much. It will expand their reach. No need to fire people etc

I've never heard anything good about valley crest
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. Clippers PLS

I've heard some of their branches are complete crap. The valley crest branch near me actually does very good work. They actually take care of the office building where my dad works and that place always looks the best

8. CTNC

CTNC LawnSite Member

Branch managers and account/area managers will be cut. No need to pay 2 guys a BM salary when only 1 is needed.

I worked in management for Ruppert for a very very very short (and way too long) period of time...its a $ game for these guys. If you look at purchase price vs sales price you can see what these investment companies do, they go lean and mean. Maximize profits and cut all losses.
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. whiffyspark

whiffyspark LawnSite Fanatic

I meant as far as their inner workings. Like management problems and paying sub problems.

You never hear that about Brickman. Brickman is good to work for
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. Clippers PLS

Yea, I've heard some of that as well. I have hardly ever heard anything bad about working for Brickman. I actually know a few guys that work for Brickman and they love working there. Its funny because two of those guys actually went to Brickman from ValleyCrest.