Brickyard stripes

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Tharrell, Aug 9, 2004.

1. Tharrell

Tharrell LawnSite Silver Member

Anybody else see the impressive stripes at the brickyard sunday? They were awesome. Wish we could get the guys that did it on this board.

2. dcondon

dcondon LawnSite Silver Member

I noticed them also...... I bet that took some time;)

3. Dupontcar

Dupontcar LawnSite Member

I noticed them right away also. They where awesome, very nice work. What LCO was that?

What an awesome race. Can anyone guess who my favorite driver is???

David

4. NoWalk4Me

NoWalk4Me LawnSite Member

Yep...awesome. As I recall they were the same way last year and its really eye-catching.

5. SouthernFried

SouthernFried LawnSite Senior Member

I was at a freinds house, and just walked by the TV while the race was on...first thing I said was..."Man, look at those stripes!"

Nobody knew what I was talking about.

After I told them, they all just moaned at me.."Is that all you ever think about?"

"Well....yeah."

No matter what I'm doing, or where I go...first thing I always see, is the landscaping. It drives everyone sorta nutzoid.

Someone mentioned they did those stripes curvy, so the drivers could see the edges better. Another said they did it so it would mess with the drivers mind.

I kept my mouth shut...I'm pretty sure the guy mowing wasn't thinking how those stripes would affect the drivers at all... just thought they looked cool that way :)

6. beransfixitinc

beransfixitinc LawnSite Senior Member

I'm not an LCO, but since I happened upon this site, (i think i was looking at the Magna-Matic at the time) the danged wavy stripes at the track were the first thing I noticed also when I flipped the TV over to the race.

7. RedRock

RedRock LawnSite Member

They where nowhere as impressive as the ones which they did, including the IMS logo in strips, for the Indy 500...

8. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

Well I hate to be the bad apple, but I didnt like them all squiggly, it didnt impress me that much. I grant ya it took some time to get that pattern and all but I just like a smoother contour. Hey now guys dont jump on me that is just my opinion now lol.

9. Simplyhere

Simplyhere LawnSite Member

Noticed them immediately...pointed them out to my wife, who rolled her eyes.

I thought it was good work.

10. shep2004

shep2004 LawnSite Member

O yah I noticed them to and they were prolly the best ive seen in a while. I will try and find out who did them and let you guys know.