Bridges with walkways

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by D Felix, Mar 7, 2007.

1. D Felix

D Felix LawnSite Bronze Member

Anybody got any pics of bridges they've built over a stream (water feature) that is part of a paver walkway?

We are in the concept phase of designing for an existing client of ours that is building a new house (house is nearly finished), and we're thinking of adding a stream to the water feature and having the front walk go over the stream.

Any pics of how it was installed would be helpful. I think I know how the bridge should look (it's a distinctive look on the house and the bridge needs to match), so I'm more interested in how the bridge adjoins the walkway.

2. STL Ponds and Waterfalls

STL Ponds and Waterfalls LawnSite Bronze Member

Do you have a picture of the house/stone used? I've been thinking about the same concept, but leaning towards flagstone applications.
  3. cgland

cgland LawnSite Bronze Member

Dan - Check out They have a few pics of this type of job.............or you can go to Bobcat s250 NY's site and see Kelly Brothers work there.

4. D Felix

D Felix LawnSite Bronze Member

I don't have any pics of the house, but it's a reddish brick (not red, but red toned with gray mixed in), huge exposed cedar beams and limestone columns. The limestone is more of a brown color than the normal white-to-gray.

There's two ways of putting in a bridge that would fit. One would be a huge slab of limestone. The other would be a cedar beam frame with decking to match what's on the back of the house...

Chris- I'll have to take a look. :rolleyes:
  5. treedoc1

treedoc1 LawnSite Senior Member

Precast arches with blowouts that were saved from previous jobs. $100 each cost. Took about a day scouring precast cement yards...saw these in the weeds.

Ends were set on gravel footers, each weighed 4000 lbs so stability was good
    Poured steps on one side, poured apron ramp on the other, veneered with bluestone walkway, native stone walls and faces.

Charged client $12,000 line item cost as part of the overall project...fair price for all...didn't kill it.

6. neversatisfiedj

neversatisfiedj LawnSite Bronze Member

:drinkup: That is beautiful !