1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Briggs 18 horse carb. rebuild

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by cableman, Mar 3, 2006.

1. cableman

cableman LawnSite Member

I need to rebuild the carb on my 18 horse Briggs model # 422437-0719. This engine has the non adjustable carb, I do have the kit(394502) ordered but I looking to see if anybody has rebuilt one of these? Are there any tricks I need to know before I start or is it a pretty straight forward install?

Thanks Cory
  2. Restrorob

Restrorob LawnSite Fanatic

There is nothing to rebuilding this carb., But one thing to watch is the two small springs reference # 860 in the below pic. in the fuel pump. I put a little dab of grease on the two pins the springs sit over to hold them in place while assembling.

Good luck.

Briggs Twin Carb. Break-Down.png
  3. RedWolf

RedWolf Banned

Rob is right.DONT forget to put a dab of grease on them studs in the fuel pump.I forgot to do it and spend two hours looking for the springs.After that carb rebuild I really needed a beer.
  4. cableman

cableman LawnSite Member

Alright beer and grease, I can handle that. Thanks again for the info that is exactly what I'm looking for.