1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

briggs and stratton engines

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by rainsofthouston, Aug 7, 2006.

1. rainsofthouston

rainsofthouston LawnSite Member

i'm considering buying a used exmark 32" commercial mower. it has a 10 1/2 horse briggs. it's 2 or 3 years old. anyone had any tough luck with these engines in commercial use?:confused:
  2. Green Care

Green Care LawnSite Senior Member

Just sold one those mower it was only months old never really used it it started on the first pull.

I first started years ago with a exmark 52 with 16hp briggs did me well sold it to a guy he still cutting with it.It been almost 5 years since I sold it.
  3. Boycea

Boycea LawnSite Senior Member

I have a leaf vacuum with a Briggs and Stratton 16hp vanguard engine on it and it is one of the best engines I have owned so far, giving me no problems in its three seasons of use. Though I probably just jinxed myself.
  4. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

The Vanguard engines are great. I have mixed opinions about the I/C engines in commercial use though.

My Bobcat hydro WB that I had last season had a 16hp Briggs Vanguard V-twin that ran great!
  5. Boycea

Boycea LawnSite Senior Member

Tell me about it. They always seem to start first pull every time, even after keeping it stored for ten months until leaf season.
  6. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

Love the commercial briggs engines.
  7. mikes landscaping

mikes landscaping LawnSite Senior Member
    from kansas

10 and a half sounds kinda under powered for a 32 wb doesnt it?? just wundering.
  8. LawnBrother

LawnBrother LawnSite Senior Member
    from SW Ohio

I agree. 10.5 hp is underpowered for a 32" IMO.