Briggs BB filter

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by milkie62, Apr 27, 2009.

1. milkie62

milkie62 LawnSite Senior Member

Has anybody found a replacement for the Briggs Big Block oil filter.Napa cannot seem to cross it over for me.The smaller engines they can but not the BB.

2. Gruneich Lawn Care Inc.

Gruneich Lawn Care Inc. LawnSite Senior Member
    from SD

I use a WIX 51348, same filter I use on the Kohlers

3. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

My newer big block, the 35 hp says to use Briggs filter #842921 but the actual filter that came with the mower was a Briggs #841023. I called Briggs and they said they would call back, but they didn't. Anyway the 841023 crosses over to a wix #57035. Why this new 35 doesn't require the same filter # as my 31hp Briggs I don't know. I think they need to get their act together. I usually run the OEM filter at least till the warranty runs out but even the dealers are stumped, or don't have one in stock. That's about all I can tell you with out using 4 letter words. I hope the engine is better than their customer support.

4. Grassman6

Grassman6 LawnSite Member

Maybe this will confuse you....my '08 Ferris w/ 30hp Briggs Vanguard BB oil filter has one number 78-23545-0111 painted on the filter while the sticker attached says 112607FF2 and it crosses over to a Wix 57035 at O'Reilly's. Hope this helps.

5. Gruneich Lawn Care Inc.

Gruneich Lawn Care Inc. LawnSite Senior Member
    from SD

Briggs had a short and long filter for the BB listed last time I checked...