1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Briggs Intek 190

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by 1QWK96GT, Mar 25, 2013.

1. jkilov

jkilov LawnSite Bronze Member
    from MS

If you know a place to have it bored and honed the right way I say go for it. Once you factor that in, along with parts, shipping and what not, it's not a hot deal anymore.

Personally I'd look locally for a used Intek in running order (plenty of those around) and swap the crank providing this one is in OK, without touching anything else.
  2. Restrorob

Restrorob LawnSite Fanatic

Piston "assembly";

.020 piston
    .020 rings
    wrist pin
    wrist pin clips

You'll need nearly all gaskets and the seals in the set to properly do the job......
  3. 1QWK96GT

1QWK96GT LawnSite Member

Update: well I just went ahead and bought that engine you listed on ebay. I hope the shaft is the same, but I have a machinist background and have access to a machine shop whenever so boring and honing would not had been a problem but I needed a new carburetor which the cheapest I could find on that was $40. So with all that and the gaskets and hassle involved I just opted for that engine. That shaft will be the exact same though? Thanks
  4. Restrorob

Restrorob LawnSite Fanatic

All I can do is go by what Briggs list for a replacement......