Briggs or Kawie?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by kartracer2000, Apr 13, 2008.

1. kartracer2000

kartracer2000 LawnSite Member

Should i get the briggs or the kawie on the quick 36 and why. need input before i order, thanks.
  2. mowerbrad

mowerbrad LawnSite Fanatic

Kawi, they are better than the briggs. Briggs aren't really as commercial the kawi's.

BUCKEYE MOWING LawnSite Bronze Member

Got to go with the KAW....
  4. kartracer2000

what makes the kaw more commercial than the briggs? can someone give me numbers or proof other than opinion? anyone out there with the briggs on their quick i know a lot of ppl have the kawi. it would be gratly appreciated, thanks.
  5. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

Kawasaki has a better reputation on dependability. They are considered a top notch engine while Briggs is often considered the economy choice. How that actually plays out in real life I'm not sure. You will get lot's of conflicting opinions but, they will lean toward the Kawasaki if the history of post on Lawnsite is any indication. There are a few that haven't had luck with Kawasaki's such as ProStreetCamaro but usually we are having this discussion on Kawasaki vs Kohler (not Briggs).
  6. KGR landscapeing

KGR landscapeing LawnSite Bronze Member

i have ran alot of diffrent ones. briggs kaw kohler and i wouldnt complain about any of them. sometimes you get a lemon sometimes you get a mower you just cant kill. My dads been fixing them for what almost 30 years now. and his words were. "Some run an hour and some will out last you"
  7. kartracer2000

thanks for the info guys. i guess i'm more knowledgeable on the briggs motors more than any. i have a 25 hp kawie on my bunton with no problems. But, i have had tons of briggs motors from racing go karts and building fun go karts. i suppose i could always put one of my methanol carbs on the briggs and see how it does. lol
  8. Valk

Valk LawnSite Silver Member

Aren't both of the Briggs engines (13.5hp & 14.5hp) available on Quicks just a one opposed to the V-twin KAWs (15hp & 16hp)?
  9. 02DURAMAX

02DURAMAX LawnSite Gold Member

I Like kawasaki..i don't think i would buy a briggs
  10. Big C

Big C LawnSite Bronze Member

I faced the same decision when buying my Q36, I spoke to Gary at BOP and he told me that pound for pound the Kaw and B&S are damn near the same quality, he also went so far as to say that out of the few machines the they repaired with engine problems the majority of them were Kaws(BOP guys please correct me if I am wrong) I want with the B&S and used the money I saved the buy the rider for my Q36.