Briggs & Stratton 446777-0244 26 HP ELS Series OHV Missing

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by willydean, Jul 23, 2008.

1. willydean

willydean LawnSite Member

I have a Briggs & Stratton 26 HP ELS Series OHV engine on my mower, I noticed while mowing it started missing on one cylinder. After the engine cooled I removed the spark plug wire to right cylinder while running, and there was no change to the engine RPM. Checked for spark to that plug, and it has a good blue spark. I checked compression on that cylinder it was also good, within one pound of the other cylinder. Replaced spark plug in that cylinder thinking that possibly that under compression it could be miss-firing still the miss remains. Come to a conclusion that its fuel related, but not being familiar with the fuel system on the twin, thought that maybe someone could give me a little help that had experienced this before, or maybe it could be a common problem with a somewhat easy fix. (I WISH)

Model: 446777
    Type: 0244 E1
    Code: 040224YG
  2. Fisher40037

Fisher40037 LawnSite Member

Before doing anything else, remove both valve covers and take a peek.

3. willydean

willydean LawnSite Member

Thanks, I looked at the valve train everything was fine there, I removed the carb, and found the main metering hole was plugged on the side that was missing. Cleaned her out and shes back up and running on both cylinders. Thanks again for the help!