1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Brilliance LED

Discussion in 'Landscape Lighting' started by worx, Jan 18, 2011.

1. worx

worx LawnSite Senior Member

Has anyone tried there product and if so what is your opinion?

2. irrig8r

irrig8r LawnSite Platinum Member

I was completely underwhelmed with their SCB replacements. Very dim compared to standard incandescents. Less output than a 93 but for some reason they call it an 1156.

3. Let There Be Light

Let There Be Light LawnSite Member

Please allow me to address what is an 1156. Regardless of if it is an incandescent or LED, it is simply a base of a lamp. Has nothing to do with light output.

4. heathbar0

heathbar0 LawnSite Member

I have used the 1.1 watt Bi-pins and the 3 watt MR-16's.

The Bi-pins are about 20% dimmer.... They are 1.1 watts.... Compared to a 20 watt incandescent.

The MR-16's: No difference in light output than a regular 35 watt incandescent MR 16 bulb.

Overall very happy with the product and service from Brilliance LED, good guy's over there.

http://www.brillianceled.com/index.html

I noticed there are two similar websites, this is the company I am referring to.

5. irrig8r

No offense Steve, but since you are selling these things, you should know better. An 1156 SCB refers to a 21w incandescent Single Contact Bayonet base lamp.

The base of these lamps are "SCB" or "Single Contact Bayonet", otherwise known as a BA15s. The number applied to them is a reference to the filament type, wattage, and application... typically in the automotive industry.

There are a number of incandescent SCB lamps on the market, including but not limited to: 89 (6.8W), 93 (12W), 1141 (15.6W), 1156 (21.2W), 1195 (35.4W), etc.

The Dynasty "1156" that Brilliance offers is somewhere between an 89 and a 93 in output and therefore NOT a good choice for retrofitting a job where you have existing 1141s or 1156s because they simply (a lot) dimmer.

They would probably work just fine if you were installing a new job and spacing your fixtures a lot closer than normal.

6. irrig8r

I have no experience with their bi-pins.

My experience with their SCB seems to be backed by the actual numbers published by Dynasty. Compare to Nightscaping's lamp chart below:

According to their own spec sheet, the Dynasty SCB produces some 65 Lm of light.

http://www.caogroup.com/PDF/OPTO/Dynasty_1156_Datasheet.pdf

Meanwhile, according to the Nightscaping lamp chart, (multiplying rated Candlepower x 12.57), an 89 SCB puts out 53 Lm, a 93 SCB puts out about 141 Lm. An 1156 SCB on the other hand puts out 301 Lm.

http://nightscaping.com/lampchart.php

7. Pro-Scapes

Pro-Scapes LawnSite Platinum Member

I would LOVE to see a 3w LED that has no difference in light output from a 35w MR16 lamp that is PROPERLY volted. If you swapped the lamps and had the same output I am banking with the 35w lamp in there you were somewhere south of 10v