1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

"Bring it through the house"

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by zechstoker, May 31, 2013.

1. zechstoker

zechstoker LawnSite Senior Member

Sooo... yeah, I got called yesterday to give an estimate for a backyard cleanup that's in a gated townhouse community. I show up to the place to check it out, see what all needs to be done, and notice there is NO gate to get into this backyard. What they have enclosing it is a 6.5 foot stucco wall that wraps around the whole thing from one side of the house to the other. In a state of confusion, I look at the lady, and just ask "how does anyone get equipment back here? Obviously I'm not going to be able to lift my mower over that wall." Apparently the only way is to drag everything through the house, which not to mention, has all white carpeting. Whoever set this townhouse community up didn't have a lick of common sense. Good grief... Anyone else dealt with something like this?
  2. 20/20

20/20 LawnSite Member

tell 'em to buy a goat :D
  3. zechstoker

zechstoker LawnSite Senior Member

Shoot... may as well just borrow a bull from one of my other customers, and coach him back there. Can you imagine bringing cattle through someone's house? Lol, super redneck...
  4. larryinalabama

larryinalabama LawnSite Fanatic

Sell them a artificial grass install.
  5. calvinslawnservices

calvinslawnservices LawnSite Senior Member

I bid a retirement home that had 2 separate court yards that needed everything to come through the lobby and dining room. This would have been mulch, mowers, trimmers, blowers and debris.... Way to much of a pita.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  6. B-2 Lawncare

B-2 Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

Here you go.

7. Colaguy

Colaguy LawnSite Senior Member

I bid once on one like this once. The entrance was into the front lobby of the building. Good grief.
  8. C & T Landscaping

C & T Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

Who cleans up the grass and dirt from the carpets? You or the cleaners? lol

I'd never do a job that involved this, sorry, but not for me.
  9. nortonlawncare

nortonlawncare LawnSite Senior Member

Posted via Mobile Device
  10. weeze

weeze LawnSite Fanatic

by a cheap throwaway pushmower and leave it in the back yard all the time. only use it on that yard then leave it there when you get finished. keep it in the corner of the yard or something. :laugh: