"Bring it through the house"

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by zechstoker, May 31, 2013.

1. zechstoker

zechstoker LawnSite Senior Member

I'm really considering that option. It might
    take a bit longer to clean up the mess, but
    not too much longer. Plenty of time to think
    it over as it's not scheduled to be done until
    Thursday, June 6th.

2. GrassGuerilla

GrassGuerilla LawnSite Bronze Member

3. zechstoker

4. Oxmow

Oxmow LawnSite Senior Member

I used to do a series of assisted living centers (5) that all had an interior courtyard. It wasn't a small yard either. we picked up the 21 incher and carried it through the lobby and carried all debris out in bagged trash cans. Tree trimmings were taken over the roof when needed.

5. GVL LLC

GVL LLC LawnSite Member

ya even if it takes alittle longer, definately use a trimmer and then just charge alittle more

6. groundskeeperllc

groundskeeperllc LawnSite Senior Member

A friend of mine who owns a US Lawns franchise here drives a small zero turn through a retirement home to get to a huge courtyard. I would defiantly pass on a property like that.
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. Rozell431

Rozell431 LawnSite Member

I've got two nursing homes that have courtyards with no entry from outside except through the building. I just make sure and blow the push mower off before I roll 'er on through. No biggie.

8. zechstoker

Lol, is that even legal?

9. MSS Mow

MSS Mow LawnSite Senior Member
    from Maine

So how did the project turn out??

10. zechstoker

Ended up having to postpone it until next Thursday. Right at the end of my route on Wednesday, the ignition on my work truck went out. And to top it off, my boss broke the chip in the key when he was messing with it. Pretty lame because we didn't have a spare key for this truck, so the shop has been working on fixing all this. The word I got was they'll have the truck ready tomorrow (Monday). Looks like I'll be playing catch-up since I couldn't do anything on Thursday or Friday.