Bring on Spring

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by JSMLAWNCARE, Feb 16, 2003.

1. JSMLAWNCARE

JSMLAWNCARE LawnSite Member

I was just thinking two days ago... not to much longer until Spring. Then today this is what we got:

snow2003part1_0055.jpg

2. JSMLAWNCARE

3. KenH

KenH LawnSite Bronze Member
    from CT

Were supposed to get 12-16 tonight into tomorrow.:(

4. JSMLAWNCARE

IT's only 5:50pm here and we have about 18" and they say we are only half done with the storm. I'm upset; I didn't have the money to get into snow removal this year. I heard yesterday that a guy around here has made $75,000 in just snow removal, I'm guessing... Gross.

5. KenH

KenH LawnSite Bronze Member
    from CT

Yeah...but what about the last 3 years???:)

6. JSMLAWNCARE

I agree.... But you have to admit that is nice!!

7. Jusmowin

Jusmowin LawnSite Senior Member

Yea, Im getting pretty sick of the rain, snow and seemingly sub zero temps weve been having. Im hoping for some nice weather soon.........I hope:(

8. Looks like fun, time to get the sled out, but i want spring soon with this good weather and gas prices runnin the sled alot gets pretty pricy

9. FrankenScagMachines

FrankenScagMachines LawnSite Platinum Member
    from IN

Nada here..... we've had a good winter so far, but last two days it's just been freezing rain and sleet. So we have 1/2" ice on the drive and then 1" of sleet on top of that which if you're not familiar with this quantity of sleet, it is much like a beach sand except it's 20 degrees and the wind really bites!!!! sleet pelleting against your face with these winds really hurts!!!!

10. yardman1

yardman1 LawnSite Senior Member

It has been about 70 degrees here and you can start to see a green tint on those brown yards.:D