Bring on the rain:

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mike payne, Mar 19, 2002.

1. mike payne

mike payne LawnSite Member

I am ready for the new season. I have a new trailler and ztr. My spring clean ups are done now I need rain. I wish some of the excess rain, in the south, could head up this way.

2. stslawncare

stslawncare LawnSite Bronze Member
    from DE

its been raining real good for the past week, give or take a few days.

3. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

If I could send it to you I would. I need a boat to get out of my backyard.

4. jrblawncare

jrblawncare LawnSite Senior Member

I'am with you Hoss...... the ground can not take any more here !! The shop is dry but I have a small river crossing the front of it . Bad flooding to south and east of me....Homes have been lost and schools are closed .

5. stslawncare

from DE

right now its pouring here, have gotten a little more then .25" of rain so far today.

6. Mowingman

Mowingman LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Texas

I have got 7" of rain in my gauge over the last 3 days:(

7. Turfdude

Turfdude LawnSite Bronze Member

You guys can send it all to NJ!!! We need 10" (of rain) by end of April to unload the evil mandatory drought restrictions in our region. It has been raining as normal for this time of year the past 2 weeks - but we need a lot more. Hoss - we'd gladly like to use a boat in our back yards for a few days:cool:

Bob

8. stslawncare

from DE

still pouring have gotten about .9" for the day, almost at 3" for the month. i think im gonna drown if i go out there :) who knows what normal rainfal is for the month?

9. SMB

SMB LawnSite Senior Member

We got rain dumped on us a couple days ago, it flooded out several roads and shut down the water filtration plant in a nearby town, the creeks got higher than they'd been in years. We could still use more!
    Talk about a mess, we had to dig up a water line today, MUD!

10. mike payne

mike payne LawnSite Member

I wish there was some way to transfer this moisture. We have had about 4" since since Octomber. We have some warm weather but no rain. The grass is not growing. Last year, I had already been mowing for two weeks, before now.