Bring your dog to work

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by williams lcm, Apr 28, 2011.

1. williams lcm

williams lcm LawnSite Bronze Member

We have an lco around here that brings his dog along with him to work. The dog just hangs around the enclosed trailer . When the lco leaves the dogs just hops into the truck cab. The dog is real good and does not venture far. He just drinks his water or looks around. Very good dog. Anyone thought about doing this? It might pick up some more pet friendly customers.

2. nepatsfan

nepatsfan LawnSite Gold Member

It would be kinda cool but as a whole I think it is kind of unprofessional. I love my dog and I bring her around to do estimates with me sometimes...not sure about that situation though??

3. Lefet

Lefet LawnSite Bronze Member

I would love to bring my dog to work, he would do wonders for scaring off thieves. Only problem would be him wandering off, friendly, nosey little sort he is.

4. flatlander42

flatlander42 LawnSite Silver Member

I'm thinking about bringin my dog with me. I'd pry just setup the passenger seat for him. I feel bad leaving him alone all day. He is the one on the left. The other one is my brothers. I don't think he would be a good guard dog tho.

And no, I don't think it is weird at all. There is a lot of people that bring their dogs around town with them here.

[​IMG]

5. CHRIS92789

CHRIS92789 LawnSite Senior Member

It is an awesome theft provention option... maybe not the pugs but a rottweiler or another dog... lol :)

6. ashgrove landscaping

ashgrove landscaping LawnSite Gold Member

I've been bringing my two labs with me everyday for 11 years. Now only one. They love going to work. I believe it makes them better dogs. They do get a little pushy when I just head out of the house without them once in awhile. On super hot spells. The customers love it as well.

7. rain man

rain man LawnSite Silver Member

What about bathroom visits?

8. ashgrove landscaping

ashgrove landscaping LawnSite Gold Member

Well we live in the sticks so there's no problems in that department. As well as customers with big fields and woods. Everybody's cool with it. The dogs know where to go and I try to train to go away from the house and yards.

9. rain man

rain man LawnSite Silver Member

Had a rooster named Carl and a goat named Oscar. Both had a mind of their own however and would never have conformed to a structured life. Chickens are especially cool.

10. Green Feet Lawn

Green Feet Lawn LawnSite Member

I bring my dog everyday. She rides in the extended cab. We have permission from a few pet loving customers to let her out. When we get out, she usually jumps into my seat. She knows when I put on my workboots, its time for work.