broadcast spreader

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by zinkjo, Apr 27, 2005.

1. zinkjo

zinkjo LawnSite Member

Looking into buying a new broadcast spreader. What is the best brand to go with? I only have 10 accounts so I don't want to break the bank.

2. aclassic

aclassic LawnSite Member

I am about in the same situation as you w/ # of accounts and i decided on one this morning. its not the best one out there because its not made of stainless steel, but Earthway makes some good models. just this morning i ordered an Earthway 2150 off of Amazon.com, it was $109.99 + $16 s&h, best deal i've found. about the cheapest i've found outside of that is Alamia.com, but that one is $139 for the same model.
    as long as you wash it after using it, it'll last a long time

3. Decali

Decali LawnSite Member

I agree with the Earthway call. I wish I could still use my Earthways because they're light and give good coverage. It's a really good medium duty spreader. With only 10 accounts
    it will hold up well as long as you clean it regularly. You might even want to spray metal parts with WD-40.

If you end up with more accounts you can still use them but you should consider them as disposables. At that point you may need to invest in something stainless steel.