Broadcasting Build-a-Pondless: 9-26-2006

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by BSDeality, Sep 26, 2006.

1. BSDeality

BSDeality LawnSite Silver Member

I will be broadcasting a Build-a-pond seminar today that I will be hosting. The class will run from 8am to 5pm (EST). I encourage you to check it out at some point if you can.

The Website is http://statelinelandscaping.com/webcam where you can see a snapshot. There is a link below the picture that will pop up a new blank window that will refresh automatically.

Has anyone ever done something like this to stir up some interest in your customer base? I communicate my invoices, estimates, etc with 90% of my customers via e-mail. I'm curious to find out if I can get enough of them to check in for 5 minutes while theyre at work and generate some possible leads to sell more ponds and pondless'

2. LindblomRJ

LindblomRJ LawnSite Silver Member

Cool deal. I would like to learn more about ponds selling care etc. Not a whole lot of that around here. I did sell Koi and various gold fish when I had the pet store.

3. BSDeality

The camera is online, I will be repositioning it in a few minutes to get a greater angle. Please excuse the poor quality, its obviously not the same as a 4mega pixel camera.

Have a great day, thanks for watching.
    [​IMG]

4. BSDeality

As of 5:15 we had over 100 visitors watch us sweat. The job is 90% done, just some final touching up which I wanted to do on my own anyway. I'll upload some pictures off the digital camera later this evening.

Matt

5. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

Cool, thanks for taking the time to share. :)

6. BSDeality

You're very welcome Jodi, I'm surprised there weren't more comments, I guess most couldn't watch it since they had to work... oh well. It's the thought that counts, I have plenty of pictures from the digital camera to upload tonight or tomorrow.

7. BSDeality

new pictures are up in this thread

8. Waterscapes By Design

Waterscapes By Design LawnSite Member

Hey I just sent you a pm....Asking if you would shoot me an email if ya do this again...

9. BSDeality

I will certainly keep you in mind if I do another broadcast. It was a pretty successful idea, while I didn't sell any directly from the day of the broadcast I certainly peeked a few peoples interests in ponds and pondlesses. My supplier also liked the idea and he is the one that really puts on the classes, so I'm sure there is a possibility of broadcasting another event. hopefully with a much better quality picture this time.