1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Broadleaf application for old and never treated turf?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Sewing Machine, Apr 26, 2005.

1. Sewing Machine

Sewing Machine LawnSite Member

I just got a pile of commercial sites that have obviously never been treated in any way for weed control. I am certain that pretty much any or all varieties of weeds are in there. What would be a good product to use to combat this infestation? Two of the areas are fescue and the others are bermuda. Ideas?
  2. DLS1

DLS1 LawnSite Bronze Member

Same stuff you use to blanket treat your other lawns.

By the way do you have a license and if yes how long have you had it. :D
  3. Sewing Machine

Sewing Machine LawnSite Member

had it for two years but have not had to use it. Been doing ONLY installs. So i was not sure if there was something new on the market that stood above the rest.
  4. Duramax99

Duramax99 LawnSite Member

Super Tri-mec
  5. greendave

greendave LawnSite Member

Here we go again............. :laugh:
  6. DLS1

With the type of question asked it sounded like he/she/it didn't have one. :D
  7. jajwrigh

jajwrigh LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from Martinsville, IN

I will have to agree with you on this one.
  8. ThreeWide

ThreeWide LawnSite Bronze Member

Lesco Threeway, Trimec 992, Momentum, Speedzone Southern.....all of these would be good options.

If the temps are cool when you apply, you might get better results with Speedzone Southern. Beware that if the Bermuda is still coming out of dormancy, some of these herbicides can stunt it temporarily. Using the lower rate on Bermuda right now is a good idea.

Also, if you happen to see crabgrass already, you might use Trimec Plus which has MSMA. It goes without saying that you should apply a pre-emergent in conjunction with this application. Dimension would be a good option for this time.
  9. DLS1

As TurfUnlimited already said READ THE LABEL.

You can be held liable if you kill the grass so make sure you have enough insurance for that type of situation.

Check with your local Lesco dealer if you have one in the area.
  10. Macvols

Macvols LawnSite Member

Fire RoundUp to it!