broadleaf application

Discussion in 'Homeowner Assistance Forum' started by abuilds, Mar 25, 2006.

1. abuilds

abuilds LawnSite Member

I'm going to be having some major plantings around the house done in about two months here on LI in NY. I want to spread out my first years application of the sacks of stuff to keep down and kill broadleaf etc. It says on the sack not to spread it where I'll be planting. About fifteen feet out from the front of my house
    (as well as other areas) they'll be turning under lawn to prepare for plantings. I'm not "exactly" sure of the perimeters. My question is: Can I still put down my application. Will this be a problem if I get it where my plantings are going?
    I want to be sure to get the sacks down as this is only the second year of a newly established lawn and I want to do all I can in these early stages.
    Thanks
    andy

2. sildoc

sildoc LawnSite Silver Member

Being a newer lawn I would spot spray broads and use a good spring fert with out broad leaf. I recomend not using scotts, lilly miller or the cheaper ferts. If you have a grange or such close by go have a good mix of slow release fert with fe added. this will help for a quick green up yet last longer. If you are in doubt hire a profesional to spray for the broads and fert yourself.

3. abuilds

abuilds LawnSite Member

Thanks
    I think you're right about spot spraying this year. Easy, less expensive and I won't have to worry about new plantings getting ruined.
    Thanks again
    andy