Broadleaf herbicide for St. Augustine, Zoysia and Fescue??

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Reel_Green, May 9, 2003.

1. Reel_Green

Reel_Green LawnSite Member

Is there a good broadleaf herbicide that's safe for St. Augustine, Zoysia and Fescue? Thanks.

msquared100@charter.net

2. Fvstringpicker

Fvstringpicker LawnSite Fanatic

Try Lesco 3-way or trimec. It's fomulated for dicots and I know it's safe for zoysia but check out the labling for the other two

3. LawnMagic1

LawnMagic1 LawnSite Member

Three Way or Trimec(most formulations) are both labeled for St. Augustine.....just make sure you use the labeled rate. It is usually lower than the rate for zoysia or bermuda. Good luck!

:drinkup: CHEERS!!

4. vegomatic40

vegomatic40 LawnSite Senior Member
    from 6

It's has been many moons since I last treated St. Auggy (moved North long ago) but, as best as I can recall it is very sensitive to 2,4-d and may damage it if applied when out of dormancy. I'm not sure that the 3-way herbicides are the answer. Make sure that the label doesn't mention "apply to dormant St. Augustine only" just to be sure. The Zoysia should be ok. Either one will recover from damage if not too severe.

5. mowerparts

mowerparts LawnSite Member

Just a note: If you are in the state of Florida and are not licensed you can’t put any weed and feed/herbicide down.:blob3: