Broadleaf weeds so quickly!!!!

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by cgland, Apr 13, 2005.

1. cgland

cgland LawnSite Bronze Member

We just did our Pre-em for crabgrass last Monday and today while driving around I see tons of dandelions in full bloom! Can this be? I know we did our first app later than usual due to weather and soil temps, but are the broadleaf weeds catching up already? How soon to start with the next app?

2. chesie

chesie LawnSite Member

We are in the same dilema. Just finished pre-m and broadleaves are going crazy yet too early for round 2. Guess we are making an extra round this year.
  3. Enviro Green

Enviro Green LawnSite Senior Member

had to do broadleaf with EVERY round one here this year.

Taking forever and people are not happy.

Good luck

4. Grandview

Grandview LawnSite Gold Member
    from WI

Do you do a fall application of broadleaf. Most of my customers never see broadleaf weed, especially dandelions.
  5. thomsoutdoor

thomsoutdoor LawnSite Platinum Member

I glad I am not the only one. I drove around yesterday and today touching up areas. Of course I am relatively new at this so I it maybe the way I set up my program.
  6. crzymow

crzymow LawnSite Senior Member
    from Pa

Been To Damn Cold Here To Worry About Broadleaf Problems. Still Doing Cleanups.
  7. cgland

cgland LawnSite Bronze Member

Grandview - We do 3 broadleaf apps per year. I didn't say the weeds were in my lawns, just that I have seen them popping up. I'm just worried that the dandelions are blooming and they may reseed themselves before I get to do my next app.

8. Mark McC

Mark McC LawnSite Bronze Member

I have a couple of customers who want fert and broadleaf weed control, but the dandelions are popping up in this part of Virginia despite the cool weather we've had. Not sure if I should use a Dimensions fert or not this coming week.
  9. DiscoveryLawn

DiscoveryLawn LawnSite Senior Member

I have been spraying broadleaf weed control for 2 weeks now here in SW Ohio.

10. qps

qps LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indy

Do a blanket app. in the fall and you won't have these problems...