Brochure pays off

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mowerman90, Jul 21, 2001.

1. mowerman90

mowerman90 LawnSite Bronze Member

Picked up a new customer today. Back in the early spring I placed a brochure in the door of a newly built home 2 streets from mine. The owner finally moved down this weekend. What did he find upon arriving at his new home? The person that the builder reccommended to mow for him had not mowed since May but had received monthly payments all along. Plus, kids broke in the back window and stole the dishwasher, washer/dryer. Welcome to Florida! He did, however, find my brochure in his front door and gave me a call. He said he wished he had gotten my brochure before the builder had given him his lawnman. I see this stuff all the time down here. I don't know how some of these fly-by-nites sleep at night. I guess I should be thankful though, it keeps me in a steady supply of loyal thankful customers.

2. kutnkru

kutnkru LawnSite Silver Member

Good Luck on the "lasting" impression your brochure left. Hope all works out well for your new client/contractor working relationship. :D

Kris

3. tomoaktree

tomoaktree LawnSite Member
    from WNY

Sounds like it was just ment to be . It's great to have a new customer so close to home. Maybe his neighbors will sighn up now?:blob3:

4. cantoo

cantoo LawnSite Silver Member

Sounds like you could start another side business, house sitting. You check out the houses as you drive from job to job.