broke car window today

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by nosparkplugs, Jun 3, 2008.

1. nosparkplugs

nosparkplugs LawnSite Gold Member

While doing lawn maintenance on one of our gas stations on a busy Memphis street I nailed a car window with a, I'm assuming a "rock" from the weedeater? while sitting at a traffic light. This is a 6 lane road, and the odds are pretty good this will happen again at some point hope its a couple of years though. The guy was very understanding, I wanted him to get an estimate; however he wanted cash, we decided on $160.00. This is only the second window break in 7 years.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. zemzabob

zemzabob LawnSite Senior Member

Man that was a direct hit.

3. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

OOOPPPPPSSSS!!!!!!!!! Is what I can put that is lawnsite safe that you said, lol. Glad that come off the trimmer and not out from the mower. Hey at least he settled on cash rather than the hassle of the insurance claim.

4. DBL

DBL LawnSite Silver Member

man he ironed that out on the spot...yeah give me 160 and well call it even

5. nosparkplugs

i love google theirs a online window repair estimator/quote! the cost for this window repair from three local glass repair companies is averaging $275.00. i did make it clear that the $160.00 was final. If he wanted more cash he would need a official estimate first.

6. razor1

razor1 LawnSite Bronze Member

Wow, and he let you take pictures too! :cry: What was he driving?

7. B&M

B&M LawnSite Senior Member

noplugs what part of town where you in? he wanted cash? only in Memphis.

8. nosparkplugs

Was off Riverdale & Winchester BP gas station, He was driving a Mercury Grand Marquie.

9. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO LawnSite Fanatic

good thing the window was tinted or it woulda shattered and glass woulda been all over.

10. nosparkplugs

Yes sir:clapping::clapping: second thing i said to the guy. added benefit of window tint