Broke my first car window today=(

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ATVracer, Mar 29, 2007.

1. ATVracer

ATVracer LawnSite Senior Member
    from Indiana

I was mowing one of my accounts at the busiest intersection in town today and broke someone's window who happened to drive by at the wrong time. I was actually using the WEEDEATER and of all things it chunked up a big round earring that was on the ground and shot it like a bullet. The vehicle was one of the newer Pontiac Aztecs. What do you all think it will cost me to fix? I told her to get 2-3 estimates. The police took a report and they said it was the second one today in town.

2. Lynden-Jeff

Lynden-Jeff LawnSite Bronze Member

She called the police? I would of freaked. Couple hundred bucks if it was a side window should fix it. I get a glass place to come to the customers house if I did that, quick easy and cheap for me.

Cheers
    Jeff

3. Oxmow

Oxmow LawnSite Senior Member

I did that on one of the busiest streets in Tulsa. Was weedeating and knocked the side window out of a delivery van. They pulled into the parking lot and we talked. I called an auto window place and got the price to replace the window and wrote them a check for it right there.

4. JKOOPERS

JKOOPERS LawnSite Bronze Member

i actually broke my trucks window last year i was parked across the street and the trimmer threw a rock. that window is at least going to cost $200

5. Mowman16

Mowman16 LawnSite Senior Member

I was on my mower last year and threw a baseball size rock at this new Tundra :eek:, I watched it as it hit :eek: the guy had his radio blaring and never heard or felt it :headphones: . I could see the LARGE dent it left as he drove away ;) BOY WAS I GLAD!!!!!! :laugh:

6. Grits

Grits LawnSite Silver Member
    from Florida

:laugh: You were LUCKY!!!!

7. procut

procut LawnSite Bronze Member

I wouldn't of freaked if she called the police. It makes sense, when you think about it. She probably figured, this guy has no insurance but "says" he'll pay for it, but if I have to turn this into my insurance, it would probably be helpful to have a police report.

8. Lynden-Jeff

Lynden-Jeff LawnSite Bronze Member

Pretty much ANY broken window is going to be less then my deductible so why bother getting the police involved? I would be happy to write a check right their, no need to waste police time.

9. AbsoluteH&L

AbsoluteH&L LawnSite Member

Holy sh1t !!! How do you run over a BASEBALL sized rock?! What did that do to the blades and spindles? And the guy just drove away. Wow you were luuuuucky:clapping:

10. ATVracer

ATVracer LawnSite Senior Member
    from Indiana

I gave her my business card and my truck had the signage on it. I told her I would pay it but I needed a few quotes first. She called a couple people and they told her to call the cops just in case. Good way to start off the year..........