broke shindy EB 630

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by 04TurfT, Oct 1, 2006.

1. 04TurfT

04TurfT LawnSite Senior Member

I got a 2 or 3 old Shindy EB 630, it's the model with the throttle on on the bendable wand type thing on the left side.. Inside th wand there is this metal conduit stuff that allows the wand to bend, the metal on mine has broke.. I can't be the only one this has ever happened to? I need to know what is the easiest way to fix this? Will I have to order a whole new wand or just the metal part? Any help would be appreciated... Thanks alot.

2. mt ford

mt ford LawnSite Member

Hi there
    That happend to mine as well about 2 years ago.I think they said there was a recall on them. They fixed mine for free and I say in the shop a bunch of other ones as well. Give your dealer a call and good luck

3. ChadsLawn

ChadsLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

I had 1 also till someone stole it. I beleive its just maybe 1 inch flexable tubing. I dont think it would be hard to fix.

4. 04TurfT

yeah but I think they flex tubing has a 7/8 or maybe bigger bolt on the end that screws to the blower itself. I was just hoping it was just the metal flex tubing that I could buy.. anyways I'm calling my dealer I'll let yall know what ends up happening... thanks for the help guys.

5. dutch1

dutch1 LawnSite Silver Member
    from Jayhawk

I have repaired a dozen of these in the past 5 years by disassembling the handle, cutting off square, removing the broken part of the flex tube from the lower nut then reassemble with JB weld. The top of the nut will have to be opened up a little as the factory swages the nut onto the flex tube with no adhesive. I have had no comebacks and the repair seems to last as long as the original. It will take you a little longer on the first one but I have been able to complete the repair in 45 minutes. With shop rates at 60/hr you likely will not get a shop to do the job nor is it cost effective to the customer to do so when you can but the complete handle assembly for around $75, tighten the nut reattach kill wires and throttle cable yourself.

Your handle will be about an inch shorter but I haven't had any complaints.

Dutch

6. 04TurfT

hey dutch1 are u talking about fixing breaks near the top of the flexible throttle control or where? My break is at the very bottom of the flexible metal where it mounts to the blower.. thanks alot guys

7. dutch1

dutch1 LawnSite Silver Member
    from Jayhawk

04, I'm referring to a break just above the bushing and nut that secures the flex arm to the unit. That is where every one of the ones that I have repaired have broken. If you desire more information PM me.

Dutch