Broke to rule today!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Chestnut Oaks Prez, Apr 25, 2008.

1. Chestnut Oaks Prez

Chestnut Oaks Prez LawnSite Senior Member

Don't cut more than a 1/3 off at one time. Last week the irrigation was on so we skipped it. Payback today! Nothing but a walker could handle this with one pass and make it look like this:) 14 hoppers:cry:

IMG_0843.jpg

IMG_0846.jpg

2. CFB

CFB LawnSite Senior Member

The 1/3rd rule. Dont you have to cut every 3 or 4 days to keep to this rule typically?...because I regurlarly have to cut grass that tall and taller after a 7 days of growth.

3. shovelracer

shovelracer LawnSite Silver Member

Thats some crazy looking grass. If we followed the 1/3 rule we would need to cut on 3 day cycles and need mowers with 8" height adjustments. We have several accounts that easily see 8" growth in seven days 2-3 months of the year.

4. Chestnut Oaks Prez

Chestnut Oaks Prez LawnSite Senior Member

Yea! this time of year it's impossible. Not usually that bad though.

5. TomberLawn

TomberLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

I was used to cutting off 4-6 inches of growth with my biweekly yards, but I just picked up a new weekly that grows 3-5 inches every week. I'd really hate to see it after two weeks!

6. 02DURAMAX

02DURAMAX LawnSite Gold Member

Thats some nice looking grass!!!!

7. Gruneich Lawn Care Inc.

Gruneich Lawn Care Inc. LawnSite Senior Member
    from SD

wow, thats looks really good after you cut it, how where you disposing of the clippings?

8. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

The ultracut would do that and more at three times the speed:laugh: I would not have one blade of grass with me on the way home like you do.

9. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

I break that rule every day.
    The quality of the grass looks good but it isn't very tall, especially if you skipped one time.