1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Broke up the install crew

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by greenworldh20, Apr 15, 2005.

1. greenworldh20

greenworldh20 LawnSite Senior Member

the tempature in south east ny is supposed to be near 80 degrees next week. Combined with the lack of precipation this makes for an irrigation service company's dream come true.

we are currently putting all installs on hold and converting the install crew into 2 service crews.

we need to do this due to the amount of activations we have. we have scheduled 200 activations for the next 2 weeks and have ALOT more calling. our pre season goal was to activate/service 600 systems this season, up 15% from last spring season. we are striving to meet our goal.

with the expected mild hot streak with no rain, people will not wait 2 weeks for us to activate their system.

200 might not seem like alot, but figure in some systems are over 10 yrs in age and many of our clients are re-designing landscapes and need the irrigation to be adjusted to fit the new lawn and garden areas.

what about the rest of y'all?

2. Broker

Broker LawnSite Senior Member

Kudos for taking such a risk
  3. Flatbed

Flatbed LawnSite Member
    from Iowa

I am having the same problem, but I need a another guy other than me that is backflow certified to do start-ups. I could almost start up another install crew if I could find someone good to run another one.
  4. Georgia Bull Dog

Georgia Bull Dog LawnSite Member
    from NJ

Running 7 days a week ! Phone is falling off the wall. Installing every day and service crew cannot keep up. Plus lighting business. Brian give me a call ! Noel