1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

broken blade

Discussion in 'Oregon™' started by Sneaky, Aug 21, 2004.

1. Sneaky

Sneaky LawnSite Member

I recently bought a Country Clipper Jazee. It has the 42" deck. When I bought my first set of blades, I used them for one day before one broke in half. I didn't run over anything or hit a stump. The blade had a clean break all the way across like it had been cut with a saw. Just wondering if you all have had a problem with this before. Looked like a defect in the metal to me.

2. jaybird

jaybird LawnSite Senior Member

wow,thats scary.never had that happen.

3. bantam

bantam LawnSite Member
    from iowa

That is scary. Never heard of it before. Sounds like defective material to me also.

4. Lawnchoice

Lawnchoice LawnSite Senior Member

It could have been a defective blade, or a blade that was torqued down too tight.

I have had the case where a blade sheared in half because it was overtightened.

Dangerous stuff!

Lawnchoice

5. Oregon Tech

Oregon Tech LawnSite Member

Your blade needs to be returned to the manufacture for inspection. Blades fail rarely. But when they do the manufacture needs to have the opportunity to review what happened. Several things can contribute to this.