Broken Camshaft on a 20 h.p. OHV Liquid Cooled Kaw?????

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by Nitrousoxide764, Feb 15, 2004.

1. metro-hp_48

metro-hp_48 LawnSite Senior Member
    from TN

Going to check that out for you tomm. cutnitclose. Has me real curious! The "mailbox man" has a Shind. T-270 he is looking to get rid of (100.00)

2. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

nitrous Im just wondering since you rebuilt the lower end of the engine if maybe the new compression is pushing a little oil by the valves now???

3. Nitrousoxide764

Nitrousoxide764 LawnSite Member
    from Georgia

Grass Cuttin'............I did a valve job to the heads also along with the rebuild. I had the valves reground as well as the seats in the heads. New valve seals were installed and also the heads were shaved .005". I dind't cut any corners. Unless you call not boring the cylinders and getting new oversized pistons cutting corners. The only reason I didn't go this route was because the cylinder wear really was minimal. I'm just gonna put a few more hours on the mower now and see what develops. Right now it's got less than an hour on it. Maybe everything will pan out.

4. Nitrousoxide764

from Georgia

I'll post these in case someone wants to see how mickey mouse the mid 90's kawasakis are. This part has since been updated to all steel, at least my replacement camshaft was.........no more plastic thank goodness.

photo0020.jpg

5. Nitrousoxide764

from Georgia

Here's another angle!

photo0021.jpg

6. mower_medic

mower_medic LawnSite Member