broken drive belts

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by Traw, Apr 21, 2005.

1. Traw

Traw LawnSite Member

I have had my drive belt break three times. The 2nd belt broke after I had ran over a stick, but the other two just snap as I was mowing. It is in the shop having the deck repainted and looking at the belts breaking. Was just wanting to know if anyone else is having the same problems.

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

What model? what belt? deck or hydro?
    I need some information, so I can help you.

Pj

3. Traw

Traw LawnSite Member

Sorry about that, min z 24/52 hydro belt

4. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

While your unit is in the shop have your dealer contact the factory, he can get the information needed to take care of this problem.

5. Traw

Traw LawnSite Member

Thanks I will do that.
    Have you had this before?

6. Sriggs

Sriggs LawnSite Member

traw,

I just had this problem happen to me on my supermini z 24/52. The reason why mine did it was because when I took it to the dealer to have the spindle bareings replace they put the belt tension on wrong. they stuck it on the 2ed rung on the chain when it should be on the 4th. The belt came loose and spliced itself on the medal parts on the deck. What was your belt set for it could have been higher. This was my problem I had.

7. rdharris55

rdharris55 LawnSite Member

My Super Z 27hp 60" just broke its first belt. This comes with 19 hours on the clock. Is this normal? Is that possibly a defective belt. The belt looks very good with the obvious exception of being ripped in half.

8. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

It is not normal.
    E-mail me your information and your mower model and serial #, and I will have this looked into for you.

Pj

9. Farmer Jon

Farmer Jon LawnSite Member

:cry: constantly! each belt only lasts 2 months, tops! deck belts have been popping like crazy lately. no signs of wear, just a snap. i've been buying 3 @ a time the past 2 months. i am way too busy to do without a mower to put it in the shop without a loaner. 2003 super mini 24hp honda w/ 750hrs

10. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

Farmer Jon,
    Forward me your information (contact and model and serial #'s) and I will get it to our customer service department and they will get this looked into for you.

Pj